Morzine summer activities
Morzine is a fun, vibrant town with an array of great al fresco bars and restaurants and numerous fantastic outdoor activities right on its doorstep. Whether you are here on a family holiday, a thrill-seeker looking for an adrenaline-filled break, or a nature enthusiast - Morzine has it all.
If you love to hike, then Morzine is the place for you. No matter if you are an experienced hiker or a beginner, with over 200 km of signposted routes in the Morzine-Avoriaz area alone, there is something for everyone.
You will experience spectacular hiking trails in the heart of blooming, colourful Alpine meadows, taking in the breathtaking sights of waterfalls, freshwater lakes and crystal clear rivers, and witnessing the most outstanding views when you reach the summit of a mountain.
Morzine provides a variety of different hiking trails, from a gentle stroll around the Dereches Park or Montriond Lake to more challenging, longer hiking routes, reaching over 2000m above sea level! With 21 lifts in operation throughout July and August, many of the Portes du Soleil’s hiking trails are linked, so walkers can explore the mountains with ease. If you want more of a challenge, you can always reach those high altitudes without the aid of the chairlifts, as many of the walks start from Morzine’s valley floor.
For the thrill-seekers, step into the void at the Pointe de Nyon with its newly installed 15-metre glass footbridge. At an altitude of 2019 metres, hanging from the edge of the mountain, take in the magnificent views of Mont Blanc and Geneva.
- Mountain climbing at the Pointe de Nyon and Mount Ouzon, for all levels,
- Try canyoning and rappel from the top of the Nyon waterfall into the pristine water below.
- Go paragliding and see Morzine from the air. Be awestruck by the breathtaking panoramic views.
- Enjoy the thrill of the fast water rapids in the clear freshwater alpine lakes with white water rafting.
- Relax and soak up the sun at the stunning Lake Montriound.
- Want to have a go at mountain biking? Find out more.
For the kids
- The Wibit Park Les Gets is an aqua-play obstacle course made up of inflatables on the water for children and adults.
- Frisbee-golf in the Dereches forest is a fun outdoor activity for all the family.
- For the budding golfers, there is a 12 hole mini-golf course on synthetic grass set in the stunning surroundings of lake Montirond.
- Wizz down the Morzine summer sledge from the top of the Pleney ski run.
This is just a snippet of what Morzine has to offer. There are of course lots of other activities to enjoy. Find out more.
Available for self-catered stays
Accommodating up to 12 guests Chalet Coeurs is available on a self-catered basis from May to November (possibility of catering by special arrangement).
And it's great value too with a week rental starting from only €1200.
Get in touch
Contact us on +44 (0)20 7191 1120 or email email@example.com to discuss availability and pricing. Start planning your week. It's that simple!
More about the chalet
Chalet Coeurs is a bright and spacious chalet with five large en-suite bedrooms. The chalet features a cosy sitting room with a wood-burning stove, a large dining table, a sauna and a large, secure bike storage room. The doors from the living area open out onto the sun-bathed terrace and ample garden, where you can relax in the outdoor hot tub and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
The ground floor of the chalet is comprised of an entrance hall, an en-suite twin bedroom, an open-plan living and dining area, and a kitchen. The terrace is to the rear with access to the outdoor hot tub. The top floor comprises a further four bedrooms: two en-suite twin rooms, and two en-suite triple rooms. Four bedrooms have balconies from which to enjoy the beautiful views. The lower ground floor is home to the bike storage and sauna area.